Childhood and magic go together like Mickey and Minnie. So, when I’m trying to capture the wonder of children, I frequently use Disney themes as inspiration for beautiful, styled, photo sessions. Here are four of my favorites!
(1) The Future Princess: When this disney-loving couple approached me about bringing some pixiedust magic to their session my heart did a back flip. Having just returned from Walt Disney World I was THRILLED to keep that magic going just a little bit longer. I love all the handmade elements from this session and especially the inclusion of mom’s tiara she wore on her own wedding day at the most magical place on earth.
(2) Peter Pan: This sweet family let me do a little theming of their sweet baby boy. 🙂 I have girls, and while they love pirates, I don’t have nearly the accessories that I was able to borrow from my brother, who has two boys! My favorite piece here is the pirate ship in the bottom right corner. My brother custom made that for me last Christmas. It was the perfect thing to finish off this Peter Pan design!
(3) A Trip to Wonderland: I’ve done this Disney-inspired session several times and it’s never the same. But I always have a curious girl, a stack of cards, and a pile of teacups. So many of these props are handcrafted and carefully curated for the most impact. The tiny mouse in the teapot, the card garland, and the stack of teacups are just a few of my favorite touches from this Alice in Wonderland inspired photo shoot.
(4) Lightsaber Duel: The funniest part about this Star-Wars Inspired session is that my daughter, dressed like Rey, has never seen The Force Awakens, but she had fun anyway. Some of my favorite images from this session are the behind the scenes shots of the kids hanging out and walking back to the car together.
(5) Follow the White Rabbit: Remember I said that I’d visited that Alice theme several times over? Here is another great one that just couldn’t be left out, only this time the subject is the White Rabbit!
Do you LOVE Disney? Do you have a Disney-inspired photography session idea? Let me bring your daydreams to life! If you are in the Metro Detroit area, Contact me to discuss your project! I can’t wait to hear from you!
THANKS FOR LOOKING! 🙂